So guys it’s the final stretch! I’m now 3.5 weeks out from my bikini competition and boy do I know it (and those around me do also…….) It’s at this point in the prep where I’m tired, my body is stressed and I am at a low body fat percentage. All of which means my body will be trying to fight against getting any leaner. So in order to help myself as best I can, my coach and I are putting our best efforts into optimising my recovery. Here are some of the supplements that I have been using during my prep to help me:
1) Fish oil
- You can get the omega-3 fats from oily fish and it is possible to get all the omega-3 fat that you need from your diet but some find this quite difficult. Most people find it easier to supplement using a high quality fish oil.
- Omega-3 fats help to support a healthy metabolism. If the cells in the body are comprised of unhealthy fat, then these will not bind with insulin as easily as omega-3 fats which can lead to elevated stress hormones and fat gain.
- There are many studies that show that supplementing with fish oil can increase lean muscle mass and decrease body fat.
2) Vitamin D
- This vitamin is one of the only vitamins that we cannot get from our diet, it is produced in the body in response to sunlight. With sunshine not being in abundance in the UK it is essential to top up using a good quality Vitamin D supplement.
- Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin so it is important to take it with a fatty meal for optimal absorption
- This vitamin also helps to keep your bones strong and healthy
- Optimal levels of Vitamin D help to maintain lean muscle mass and avoid an increase in fat mass
3) Zinc and Magnesium
- Magnesium can help you sleep better and as we all know you need adequate sleep in order to aid your recovery. Adequate sleep also helps to decrease your cortisol levels. Less stress, less fat!
- Magnesium and Zinc help to increase testosterone levels which helps with muscle development
- When your magnesium and zinc levels are low this can decrease your insulin sensitivity. This makes it a lot harder to lose fat
4) Green tea
- The main reason I swapped to green tea is because apparently having seven plus cups of coffee a day wasn’t normal…….. But putting my coffee addiction aside there are several studies that
- show green tea can be beneficial when it comes to weight loss
- Not only that but it is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients
- CLA is part of the omega 6 fatty acid family. As discussed before fatty acids are great for overall health and can aid in maintaining a lean physique
- Many studies also have shown it to be a great anti-oxidant and that it helps boost your immune system
- There are also many studies that show that over a period of time it can help to decrease fat around the abdominal area
As I’ve said before I am a firm believer in that nothing will ever replace training hard and eating well, but we all need a little help along the way and using top quality supplementation can help to increase your overall health.
So let the guys here at Discount supplements provide you with your top quality supplement stack.