Sometimes after a long day at work the last thing you want to do is muster up the energy to go and workout, especially after a draining and tough day. After all, we are only human and supplement companies recognise that you can't always for 100% and up for wanting to go smash an intense workout, cue Pre Workout Supplements. Probably one of the most popular supplements alongside protein is the pre workout supplement which gives you a whole bunch of different ingredients that will increase energy and stimulate mental focus. Below is the pre workout supplement I want to go into more depth about...
Cellucor do a wide range of products from proteins to fat burners and including pre workout supplements which will get you fired up before any workout. C4 Extreme is an explosive pre workout supplement which supports muscular endurance, pump and gives you the focus to push yourself through even the toughest of workouts. Use this supplement on an empty stomach 20-30 minutes before your workout and let the ingredients take over your body....
What's In It....
Vitamin C - Helps with absorption of other ingredients within the supplement.
Niacin, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 - Helps sustain energy levels and reduces crash from caffeine.
Beta Alanine - Prevents lactic acid and allows for greater muscular contractions.
Creatine Nitrate - Increase in energy and pump
Arginine AKG - Increase pump and vascularity.
L- Tyrosine - Crosses blood, brain barrier increasing mental focus.
Caffeine - Increase focus and metabolism.
The flavour I tried was Green Apple and it comes in other flavours too which I haven't yet tried. The Green Apple that I tried tasted delicious and really did taste like a green apple. It wasn't too sour but gave it enough of a bite to what you to have more and more of it. This product is definitely on the money in taste and you will love it.
Mixability and Consistency
It mixes very well and leaves no sinkers or floaters within the drink once you are ready to drink it. The worst thing you want to happen to you is to be chugging down a pre workout and having endless bits touch your tongue and teeth. No word of a lie, you can sip this from a glass and really, really enjoy it!
How It Worked
I don't use pre workout supplements all that often but this seemed to do the job very well. I trained my back and as we know it is no easy muscle group to train when doing deadlifts, rows, pull up and other exercises which require a lot of energy to get down. The effects of the pre workout supplement helped me train like a wild boar, stay focus, give me energy and left me without a crash. There was no crash taking this supplement as the caffeine is pretty low and contains enough B Vitamins which help prevent a crash. I felt like I went to a different world taking this supplement, I was definitely 'in the zone' and trained for a good 90 minutes.
Is This For Me?
If you are feeling tired or you simply want a supplement which is going to kick you up the bum, this supplement is for you. It tastes amazing and the ingredients inside are there to help you get your session done! Remember to take this on an empty stomach approx 20 minutes before your session starts. This is perfect to have driving to the gym or during your warm up.
I would give this product a 5 star rating because it ticks every box in terms of taste, performance and mixability. Each serving contains 5.5g and within the product you get 5g of active ingredients which makes it a 95% total product, the remaining 5% will be sweeteners and colours. The nutritional make up of this product is very good, slightly under dosed with a couple of ingredients but on the whole, it is an exceptional pre workout supplement that is going to step up your training!!