If you perform regular, intense physical activity, then your body is likely to be stressed meaning you could be falling short on those all important free radical scavengers…aka ANTIOXIDANTS!
To point you in the right direction, try some of these detoxifying foods to give you the protection you deserve...
- Oats mixed in water, banana slices, Hot water & lemon.
- Mixed berries with natural yoghurt, green tea.
- DETOX SMOOTHIE – aloe vera, acai berries, wheat grass, pomegranate, nettle and lemon are all cleansing ingredients which are ideal to kick start your day. Add one or two of these ingredients to other fruits/vegetables you may be using and mix well. Experimenting with flavours and ingredients is a great way to prevent tedium.
- Two poached eggs, one piece of fruit, hot water & lemon.
- Homemade vegetable soup (avoid tinned or ready-made soup).
- Tuna and sweetcorn, brown rice, green leafy salad.
- Guacamole – avocado, lemon juice, chilli, tomato and garlic with vegetables.
- Avocado and prawn salad.
- Grilled fish and vegetables.
- Turkey/vegetable stir fry.
- Baked salmon, quinoa, steamed vegetables.
- Chicken, brown rice and black beans.
- Citrus fruits
- Natural Yoghurt
- Plain popcorn
Food Standards Agency, (2008). Antioxidants and Free Radicals. FSA.