Did you know that sleeping naked actually has some health benefits attached to it. So here is what we want you to do, ditch the PJ's and check out these 5 awesome facts which will give you a better sleep and increase your health.
- Boost Your Anti Aging Hormones - Your sleeping environment should be cool, wearing clothes can disrupt your body's temperature. As your body temperature drops, your growth hormone is also released to regenerate your body.
- Improve Body Composition - Growth hormone is responsible for re building your muscles, bone structure, skin and a healthy body composition.
- Sleep For Longer - A study whereby people used a thermosuit to lower skin temperature but not affect core temperature saw a rise in uninterrupted sleep patterns.
- Less Body Fat - Bettwen 10pm and 2am your cortisol levels should be at their lowest as this is when your body rests best. Lower cortisol levels means you are less likely to want to snack on sugary foods throughout the day and keeps your hormone balance in check.
- Reduce Stress - Sleeping naked with your partner and touching them via cuddling or holding hands throughout sleep releases the hormone oxytocin which decreases stress and depression.
So there you have it. Five reasons why sleeping naked is going to not only help improve your sleep but also your health :)