The new year has finally arrived and for many of you this is something which couldn't come quick enough. Was 2013 an unfortunate year for you? How many of you didn't achieve what you set out to accomplish because of a set back? Have you now told yourself that 2014 is 'your year' and this is when you will shine? If this is you then I urge you to read on so that I can help you have your best year yet....
Do you want to lose weight? Increase muscle mass? Enter a race? Start running? Be more flexible? Are these goals relating to what you want to achieve this year? Have you got a summer holiday planned for this year and you want to look great for it? What ever your goal is it can be achieved only if you TELL YOURSELF you can do it. You see it is all in the mind and believing in yourself is a major step in the right direction. Anyone can just say 'I want to be fitter' or 'I want to lose weight'. How many of you have said this last year but didn't achieve it? I will be real with you, the reason why you didn't achieve it is because you didn't believe in your goal. Your mind is your most powerful asset and once you believe you can achieve it, you will!!
Obstacles And Set Backs
You have 365 days to work towards your goal and let me be honest with you again, there is no easy way to achieving it. There are no short cuts and there are no hidden secrets I can tell you about that no one else has heard of. You will reach obstacles and there will be set backs which are going to affect how you handle your goal. I can't begin to tell you how many obstacles I have been through but you know what keeps me going, my mindset. This is why the mind is so important because you need to tell yourself everyday that you can achieve what you have set out to do. If you are MENTALLY weak you will not achieve it because as soon as there is a small obstacle or a chance for you to quit, you will! Ask yourself right now, did I stop achieving my goal because of something else getting in the way? I guarantee most of you will answer yes, but your new mindset is going to change this, as of NOW!
The New Year New You saying doesn't work unless you put in hard work and dedication into your goal every day.Motivation is what you need to get you started but habit is what will keep you going. Staying consistent and focused on your goal is going to give you everything you need to achieve it. Your goal isn't impossible and as long as you are staying positive and want it, you will get there. Let me tell you something, without struggle there is no success and for you to achieve your goal it will mean staying strong both physically and mentally. Again, I refer back to the mind because in your darkest hour you will need everything you have to get you through in it. Those times when you want to quit, the moments when self doubt creeps in are the times when you need to tell yourself YOU CAN DO IT.
What You Need To Do
Enough of the talking. I hope you are feeling motivated after reading this and it has made you realise that you can achieve your goal as long as you believe in yourself. Stay real to yourself too, it won't be an easy goal and anything you want bad enough often means making sacrifices for it. Ultimately you run your life and you are the director of it. What you choose to do will map out your path and how you get to where you want to be. You see, your life is one big road map and there are always different turns you can make. You will always come to cross roads and sometimes you will not know whether to turn or carry on. As long as you believe in yourself and keep telling yourself daily that you won't quit until you get there, YOU WILL ACHIEVE IT!
New Year New You
I am very passionate about the new year and there is nothing I want more than to help as many of you as possible to achieve your goal. For you to achieve your goal though you need to have a plan and stick to it. I want you to use these simple steps, apply them daily and refer back to them when you need too.
1) Write your goal(s) down onto a piece of paper and keep this on you at all times. Place this in your wallet, or in your purse and keep it on you so you know how REAL it is to you.
2) Make small targets which you can reach every day to help keep you motivated. The bigger the targets the more likely it is you won't reach them and this can demotivate you.
3) Surround yourself with happy, positive like minded people who share the same goal(s) as you. Keep your circle of friends who want to support you and will help you keep you going.
4) Don't be afraid to say NO to a night out. Don't be afraid to say NO to eating something bad. Don't be afraid to say NO to peer pressure. Refer to point number 3 ;)
5) Staying on this theme, don't be afraid to fail. In order to achieve your goal you have to be willing to go all out. This means putting everything on the line.
6) Make sacrifices which will push you in the direction of your goal and not away from it. You can't party like a rockstar and lead a healthy lifestyle, so choose which life you want!!
7) It is a lifestyle. You don't have to give up drinking, bad food. You just have to make smarter choices. Instead of a packet of crisps every day why not set a target of having them once or twice a week?
8) Your goal(s) are yours and no one else's. Don't be ashamed of what you want to achieve and don't let anyone tell you it can't be done. If I'd have listened to people telling me you can't do it I would not be where I am today!!
9) Believe in yourself. Always have your goal in the fore front of your mind. En vision how you want to be and you will be it, it is that simple!
10) NEVER GIVE UP. There will be times when you want too. I assure you it will be tough but when these feelings creep in I URGE you to refer back to point 1. Refer to your piece of paper and remember why you started. You will soon think twice about giving up.
Every king was once a crying baby. Every building was once a map. Every athlete of today was once in a position you are in now. Do not become discouraged. Don't blame something else for not getting to where you want to be because ultimately everything lies on WHAT YOU DO. I believe in you and I know you can do this,
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. (Lao Tzu) Happy New Year, welcome to 2014 and here is to a fantastic year.