This Mint Aero-style protein smoothie is so quick and easy to make! Its zingy, minty flavour will invigorate you on a hectic Monday morning – or help to pep you up during the afternoon. It makes for a nutrient-dense breakfast or snack.
Plus, the green colour’s really popular with kids (feel free to use whichever fictional story you see fit to explain why the shake is green).
- A large, very ripe banana
- 1 scoop (approx. 30g) of chocolate mint flavoured whey, such as Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard
- 175ml of almond milk add more if necessary)
- Optional: a couple of drops of peppermint extract (for extra ‘mintiness’!)
- A good handful of fresh spinach
- 1 tsp of spirulina powder (this gives a minty-green hue!)
- 1 tbsp of smooth cashew or almond butter
- About 2-3 ice cubes (still trying to hold on to the summer!)
- A sprinkling of cacao nibs, or dark chocolate shavings
Add all ingredients to a blender and blitz until you get a frothy, milkshake-like consistency. Sprinkle the cacao nibs/chocolate shaving s on the top. It couldn’t be simpler!
*Based on using almond butter. Excludes cacao nibs/chocolate.