With the evenings getting brighter and spring just around the corner, you know what that means… yes you guessed it, the ‘Summer Shred season’ is fast approaching. As you should all know by now it is very difficult to out train a bad diet and it’s even more difficult (by that I mean impossible in my opinion!) to out supplement a bad diet. However, by combining a smart supplement regime with your existing healthy eating and training routine, it can help you on the way to turning your body into a fat burning machine.
Not all the supplements I mention will work for everyone and again a supplement is just that and by no means should they be used at the expense of real nutrients.
Check out some of my favorites that I use below:
1) Omega 3 fats
- You can get the omega-3 fats from oily fish and it is possible to get all the omega-3 fat that you need from your diet but some find this quite difficult. Most people find it easier to supplement using a high quality fish oil.
- Omega-3 fats help to support a healthy metabolism. If the cells in the body are comprised of unhealthy fat, then these will not bind with insulin as easily as omega-3 fats, which can lead to elevated stress hormones and fat gain.
- There are many studies that show that supplementing with fish oil can increase lean muscle mass and decrease body fat.
2) Vitamin D
- This vitamin is one of the only vitamins that we cannot get from our diet, it is produced in the body in response to sunlight. With sunshine not being in abundance in the UK it is essential to top up using a good quality Vitamin D supplement.
- Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin so it is important to take it with a fatty meal for optimal absorption
- This vitamin also helps to keep your bones strong and healthy.
- Optimal levels of Vitamin D help to maintain lean muscle mass and avoid an increase in fat mass.
3) Zinc and Magnesium
- Magnesium can help you sleep better and as we all know you need adequate sleep in order to aid your recovery. Adequate sleep also helps to decrease your cortisol levels. Less stress, less fat!
- Magnesium and Zinc help to increase testosterone levels which helps with muscle development.
- When your magnesium and zinc levels are low this can decrease your insulin sensitivity. This makes it a lot harder to lose fat.
4) Adequate Protein
- So many people do not take in adequate amounts of protein on a daily basis. Protein is so crucial when trying to increase lean body mass. Protein helps to reduce hunger and is satisfying, which is great when you are trying to diet.
- High quality protein is so important and discount supplements offers a great range of proteins right here on their site. Whey protein contains all the essential amino acids (as well as some non-essential). This high quality protein source is great for post workout, as it helps to aid protein synthesis a.k.a building muscle. As we know the more lean tissue you have the easier it is to maintain a leaner physique.
I am a firm believer in that nothing will ever replace training hard and eating hard, but we all need a little help along the way and using top quality supplementation can help to increase your overall health. So let us here at Discount supplements provide you with your top quality supplement stack.