The Ultimate Protein egg contains more protein then a chicken breast! This recipe is for a standard chocolate Easter egg. You can also make mini eggs and use the ganache as a cake or ice cream topping!
The shell of the egg is made from 72% Cocoa Extra dark chocolate. The inside of the egg is layered with a delicious protein rich ganache One standard serving of this Easter egg contains 2.25g of protein! That is twice the amount of a normal chocolate Easter egg and less calories.
- 450g 72% Extra Dark Chocolate
- 185g of Belgium Milk Chocolate
- 75ml Water
- 30g Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey, French Vanilla Cream
- ½ tsp Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Standard Easter egg mold
- Break the milk chocolate into squares and place in a heatproof glass bowl and set aside. Ensure the bowl fits within a saucepan so you can heat the chocolate and the mixture in one bowl.
- Mix the whey powder and cocoa powder together and add the water and whisk
- Add the vanilla extract and whisk again
- Pour the mixture over the broken chocolate in the glass bowl
- Place the bowl on to a saucepan of hot water and (do not let the water touch the bottom of the glass bowl, keep the water shallow). Place on a low heat and keep mixing until all chocolate has melted and the chocolate and mixture have merged together. Then set aside to cool.
- Melt the dark chocolate via heating in a heatproof glass bowl over a saucepan of water
- Once melted let it cool slightly then use a pastry brush to cover the inside of the Easter Egg mold
- Ensure the layers of brushed chocolate are not too thick and place in the fridge to set between coatings, to allow the shell to build
- Once the shell has set and is approx. 3mm thick, split the ganache mixture between the two halves of the mold and return to the fridge to set
- Finally join the two halves together using melted chocolate as a glue between the halves and then allow to set in the fridge.